Thursday, March 18, 2010

Paris

These are ball-point pen drawings I made in my sketchbook while I wandered through the museums of Paris:


This was my favorite painting I saw in Paris, "The Good Samaritan" by Aime-Nicolas Morot (French, 1850-1913) at the Petit Palace, a free museum.




The above three from the Louvre.


The above two from the Petit Palace.
Musee Carnavalet, which is a free museum, a room of caricature sculptures.

louvre.



The above two drawn at the Pantheon from enormous wall paintings by Bonnat and Laurens.

I had the chance to spend last September in Paris on a Stobart Foundation Fellowship. I spent each day drawing in the museums and looking at paintings. All the above drawings are from my sketchbook and done in bic ball-point pen. My accomodations were at the FIAP, which is listed as a hostel but feels like a hotel. It is in the 14th arrondissement, just below Montparnasse.

No comments:

Post a Comment